When choosing a custom medical cable manufacturer, you first want to ask how many years they have been developing medical cables. They should also have a list of questions for you to answer so they can provide a customized solution designed specifically for you. Examples of questions you should expect include:
- What type of medical device is the cable being used for?
- Where is the medical device being used (i.e. emergency room, doctor’s office, trauma center, etc.)?
- Do you desire disposable medical cables or reusable medical cables which will be subject to regular sterilization? If reusable, what type of sterilization process/chemicals do you plan to use?
- Will the medical cable be exposed to any other chemicals or fluids?
- What type of patient contact will the cable be exposed to (i.e. minimal contact, some contact, cable will be implanted, etc.)?
- Do you have any other requirements for the medical cable (i.e. temperature resistant, ultra-flexible, etc.)?
Working with a seasoned medical cable and wire expert is imperative if you want to preserve the safety, function and longevity of your medical device. Interested in learning how we can provide you with trusted and reliable custom medical cable and wire solutions? Contact us and one of our experts will be happy to develop a customized plan for your facility, office or business.